Created by Executive Chef, Greg Piner using only the finest Silver Fern Farms flat iron steaks paired with seasonal asparagus; this is a dish that sings summertime.
You will need
Silver Fern Farms Flat Iron Steaks 500g
Asparagus 1 Bunch
Salt & Pepper To taste
Sliced almonds 25g
Set it up on the EK
- Season steaks generously and allow to bloom. Remove woody ends of asparagus, season with salt and pepper then drizzle with olive oil.
- Roughly chop rocket, mix with mayonnaise and season.
- On the flat plate, toast almonds, season with salt and set aside.
- Char asparagus on the grill until semi-soft, brushing with rosemary and olive oil. Toast rosemary sticks on the grill.
- At the same time, cook steaks on the flat plate or grill turning just once or twice until medium-rare, then rest.
- Place asparagus on a plate with sliced steaks on top, drizzle with rocket mayonnaise, almonds, and torn pieces of toasted rosemary. Finish with a squeeze of lemon juice and season. Enjoy
From the Chef
"Salt generously as you will lose a lot on the grill and only seconds before the meat hits the grill to avoid drying it out."